Pages

Saturday, May 9, 2015

May Fish Day 9......Make a Wish

                         "Make a Wish"
As a kid, I was enchanted with dandelions and spent hours using them in as many ways as I could...connecting them to make necklaces, adding them to my stone, flower petal and pine needle soup, or pulling them apart to make butterfly beds. They were the perfect addition to just about everything. My favorite thing to do with them, though, was something I learned from my grandmother, who was a big believer in wishing.

Pusteblume, which were plentiful in the nearby park, were the perfect vehicle for making wishes. My grandmother showed me how to select just the right one, make a grand wish, and then send the tiny dry seeds on the big puff sailing off into the air. Every last seed had to be airborne for the wish to be granted.

Every time I see a dandelion puff, I think about all the wishes I'd made over a lifetime. Tiny moments of joy and eager anticipation as the little seeds lifted off and made their way out into the world. I still enjoy doing this today.

Grab a pusteblume sometime, make a wish and blow. Send your wishes and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg