Pages

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

March Coffee Seal Life Day 10 "The Lucky 9"

"The Lucky 9"

Occasionally, I have a day where a certain number keeps showing up for me...in the total of my grocery bill at the supermarket, the clock in my car, even in overhearing other people's conversations. Today, it was the 9 that reappeared during my travels throughout the day, so it turned into 9 little fish in today's mini painting.

 Looking through various sites for any info I could find on associations with the number 9, I ran across something that said it represented longevity, happiness and good luck. Definitely one I was glad to see. 

The number that shows up most often for me, though, is 11.  I remember when I realized that 11 was going to be my lucky number for life. While attending a local fair (I was 10 or 11 at the time), I approached a table completely covered in cakes, cookies and brownies. Running around the edge of the table was a long piece of paper, marked into squares and randomly numbered. 

"Quick, pick your lucky number! " a woman behind the table blurted out, the giant roulette-type wheel behind her spinning madly. I looked at the numbers and threw my nickel on number 11. After a few more spins, the wheel came to a stop....on number 11. I was stunned. How could I be so lucky, I thought to myself. 

"You won!" the woman yelled and told me I could pick ANY item off the table I wanted. I chose a giant plate of brownies. Walking away with the ultimate prize, I decided that 11 was the luckiest number of all and I'd be in good shape if I stuck with it. Number 9 comes in a close second.

What is your lucky number and how did you discover that???

"The Lucky 9,"  5 x 7" Watercolor and ink
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg