Pages

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

March Sea Life day 24 "Race to the Finish Line"

"Race to the Finish Line"

Some days it feels like an all day race to the finish line. The "gotta do" list starts off long and gets progressively longer throughout the day. I read somewhere, the Universe doesn't like a vacuum, so when we create space, the clearing provides an opportunity for something new to come along and take the place of what was formerly there. That includes items on the list.

I love to see a little kid taking a walk with an adult...the kid meanders, stops often, looks all around and takes everything in...noticing the tiniest of tiny things like an ant crossing the sidewalk or a button on the ground.  As adults, we are often so busy with doing, that we miss out on noticing little things that can make a big difference in the way our day goes and how we feel.

Lately, I've gone the direction of slowing my pace, just for a while to see how it goes. It's actually been more enjoyable as I've been able to notice more things that I formerly had overlooked simply by rushing from one thing to the next in attempts to "get it all done." It's like being on autopilot.

Yesterday, while crossing the classroom I was subbing in, I accidentally kicked a small object that was lying on the floor. It went shooting across the rainbow colored carpet, and spun in a tight circle like a compass needle gone crazy. When it stopped, the boy sitting near it told me it was a girl's pen cap and handed it to her. She grabbed it and then held up the tiny 2" purple pen that went with it.

"Sniff," she said, holding up the pen, "it's grape."
"Smell this one," the girl next to her said, offering me a yellow mini pen, this one banana. They each held their pens and inhaled deeply, smiling and savoring the scent.  I was fortunate I had just been able to witness this enjoyment they were experiencing all because I was willing to slow down.


What might you notice if you change your pace and dare to go a bit slower? Maybe it will be something that adds some magic to your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg