Pages

Saturday, January 23, 2016

January 2016 Day 23 Painting Challenge

Let it Begin
A short meditation is something I do every day before working with my wool. The stillness continues as I pull tufts of different colors out and place them over each other in layers. The needle makes a soft sound as I punch it in and out of the sponge mat that lies underneath the wool, creating the matted surface and blended colors. Staying focused and present, the work unfolds and time is lost. It's easy then to glance across the room at a clock and see that an hour has gone by in a minute. Being in this state feels great and adds something to the work being done. 

What do you do to get into a place where you do your creative work?

Go to Leslie Saeta's blog HERE  to see what the hundreds of artists are doing today in the painting challenge. 

Works I've pinned from the challenge HERE .

6 comments:

  1. My first thought was planets and cloud like star trails. Doesn't make sense but there it is. (Kind of fits though... beginning of a journey perhaps.) Then I thought of berries and vines... the beginning of spring? Well, no matter. I find it lovely and full of depth. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The planet idea makes sense...it was full moon yesterday.
      Hey, this could be like a wool Rorschach test :) I like hearing the ideas that come to you...

      Delete
  2. I love your fiber work! I also work with fiber when not painting. Are you also on Ravelry?
    Stay warm and dry during the storm...
    - Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Connie! You work with fiber, too? Anyplace I can see your work..would love to. Didn't know about Ravelry...just had a look. Thank you for that as I now have another good source to connect with people who enjoy fiber! Corinna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let it begin: always! Now!

    Let It Begin: Captivating with its depth, texture, colors, and composition! I am touched by the beauty that comes from tangle, interweave, and coexistence.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's what I like to say before I begin making things! And especially what you added, Now! :)
    Thank you for your comments. It is almost magical when the fibers change colors before my eyes as they blend together. I like how you described this...

    ReplyDelete

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg