Pages

Saturday, February 28, 2015

Day 28 "So many choices"

"So Many Choices"

This is the final image of my February Fish Challenge....the idea of coffee popped into my head. I remember my early experiences with coffee, watching adults sip it and telling me I was too young to drink it. The smell was deliciously intoxicating. Later, my grandmother would let me take tiny sips of hers, very strong stuff with lots of heavy cream added. Definitely German- style coffee. That turned into being allowed to have mini cups, about 1/3 of an adult's cup and by adding sugar, I knew I was onto something good.

On the weekends, the coffee percolator was used...the burbling sound and the lovely smell filling the kitchen coming from the white pot. I had a mini cup and as I was not used to the caffeine, it made me almost euphoric. I finally knew why so many adults made this a part of starting their day. 

I worked my way through one coffee shop's menu as an experiment in experiencing new things. Everything from espresso shots to Italian sounding names of things that looked more like desserts than a cuppa java. All those culminating in today's final painting. 

What is your favorite way to have a coffee?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg