Pages

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

January 2016 Day 27 Painting Challenge

Blissful Stillness
Some days, I pull out many colors and grabbing little bits, combine them to make tiny felts. There is no particular design idea, as I wet felt several pieces at one time. After drying, they can look very different, the colors changing, the dry layers have now blended into into something new. I keep all these component pieces in a large wooden box and occasionally, pull them out to create an assemblage. 

A few weeks ago, I ventured to The Hirshhorn Museum and saw a collection of works by Joseph Cornell. I could easily have spent half a day just looking inside the exquisite boxes filled with all those interesting little items. This got me back into doing little assemblages with the tiny felts collection.
Joseph Cornell's Verso of Cassiopeia 1
Joseph Cornell
 Go to Leslie Saeta's 30 in 30 page HERE to see everyone's work.

A few more days until my giveaway of my Gefelte Fish (view here).
Leave a comment on my blog and your name will be entered in a drawing I'll do at the end of the challenge.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Corinna. I had no idea that this medium goes through such changes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Laurie. I didn't know either! New things always happening..never know exactly how it's going to turn out!

      Delete
  2. I love the dimensionality of this piece, and I am grateful daily for the cheer of your art!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dotty. Sure is fun to play with art materials, isn't it? :)

      Delete
  3. This looks like a heart to me, but a real heart, with all its pieces and parts. Such a little treasure :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Now that you say that, it does look a bit like a heart! Bet if I turned it a different way, it would remind of something else...rorshacht felt!

    ReplyDelete

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg