Pages

Thursday, April 23, 2015

April Day Brighteners.....day 23...Celebrate the Little Things

"Celebrate the Little Things"

Who doesn't love a celebration? What comes to mind when you hear that word? For me it means things like special food, toasting someone, lively music, exchange of gifts, surprises and perhaps dancing or games of some kind. All in all, good stuff.

We come up with any number of reasons to create a celebration (Hey, it's Friday!!!) including birthdays, anniversaries of just about anything, milestones, and special accomplishments.

How about celebrating something simple...things we come across every day, something so ordinary we may overlook appreciating it fully?

As I rummaged through a cabinet recently, I came across an assortment of birthday candles. I figured, why wait until a "BIG" occasion to use these little candles? A mini celebration was born.

As I sipped my afternoon cuppa, I put a candle in my little piece of savory shortbread I'd baked the day before and took a moment to celebrate a simple ritual I do ...simply savoring the moment.

What will you choose to celebrate today?


No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg