Pages

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

April Day Brighteners.....day 7 "Snuggle with your Pet"


"Pet Snuggles" 
I discovered early on, as many people have, that snuggling up with pets is pretty wonderful. There is a ton of scientific research out there which has produced long lists of the many benefits of actually doing this, but all that aside, it just feels great. 

When I've had a crummy or difficult day, I stretch out on my bed and within minutes, I have a pile of cats lying all over me, purring loudly. It was just what I needed....

I've been able, throughout my life, to get up close and have some snuggly moments with quite a variety of animals I've had the good fortune to interact with, including cats, dogs, birds, goats, sheep, horses, donkeys, pigs, chickens, hamsters, mice, and even fish. To spend some quiet moments with these creatures was truly something special and very memorable.

It reminds me we are all connected and it almost makes time seem to disappear. Animals can comfort us just when we need it most, they are always glad to see us and they make wonderful companions to be with while out in nature.

Take a few moments today and  really appreciate being able to snuggle with your pet, or share some time with an animal you enjoy. You'll both benefit.....

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more. Nicely put, Corinna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for that, Laurie! Animals do adds something magical....

    ReplyDelete

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg