Pages

Monday, April 6, 2015

April Day Brighteners....day 6 "Snail Mail"

"Snail Mail"

Just last week, a relative from the UK sent me a large parcel of chocolates...just for fun. She wrote me to say she got great enjoyment buying all those English and Scottish candies from cheerful vendors happy to hear their sweet wares were headed on a long journey overseas. 

I swear I actually FELT all the happiness that went into that package...her intentions to surprise me, the shopkeeper's chuckles, and the candies and cookies themselves.

As my kids went through the box, I considered how many hands had contributed to everything that had gone into this parcel....from the box maker, to the people producing the newspaper that provided padding, to the confectioners and bakers who made all the chocolates and biscuits, and the postal and delivery people who moved that box until its final destination on my doorstep.

In this day of electronic letter writing, it is extra special to receive something that arrives via snail mail. This postal system that began as life-risking Pony Express, now goes faster and further than ever.

Day 6......Snail Mail

Today, write someone a note or card, let them know you are thinking about them and send it via Snail Mail. Imagine how they'll feel when they open their mail box.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg