Pages

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

April Day Brighteners....day 8 "Show your style"

"Show your style"

Ever notice someone who dresses a bit differently than everyone else? Maybe they are wearing something splashy, unusual or just downright bold or bizarre? Little kids often do this when they go out dressed in some outfit they selected themselves. I love it when I spot one who is wearing something like a combo of a pink dance leotard and tutu, a faux cheetah jacket and miniature cowboy boots over purple fuzzy socks. These little guys often get compliments and smiles on their  creative fashion combinations. They probably do not care what other people think and are too busy being themselves and having fun to notice anyone's reaction.

Did you have a favorite outfit as a kid that made you feel like a million bucks when you wore it? The outfit that didn't get washed that often because it wasn't off your body long enough to get through the wash cycle?  It's funny how wearing a certain item can really make a big difference in the way we feel. It was a most delightful grocery shopping excursion for me years ago when my then-5 year old daughter wore her snake costume to the grocery store. Heads were turning and smiles all around as she hopped through the store, exploring everything as a fuzzy, green snake.


Years ago, when I began working with kids doing art in the schools, I decided to revisit the idea of weird and wild clothes. I figured I could get away with it. My favorite outfit was one I made myself...I spent hours sewing and constructing it and the day I showed up in purple lobster-covered green pants with matching sweatshirt and lobster earrings, I got the big scowl from my boss and the thumbs up from the kids. This very special outfit was reserved for work only and I have to say, I felt pretty awesome wearing it.

For today....wear something that makes you feel marvelous...could be anything from your favorite shirt, to wild socks to a piece of jewelry or a wild and crazy hat...some item that lets you show your own unique style....and makes you feel like a million bucks.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg