Pages

Friday, April 3, 2015

April Day Brighteners....#3 Add a tiny sparkle

"Add a tiny sparkle"

Someone asked me the other day how I feel about routines.

The upside:  Easy to keep track of things
                       Predictable
                       Can provide a sense of stability and comfort

The downside: Can get monotonous
                           Feels too repetitive

When we were babies, everything was new and it propelled us into continual exploration and discovery of things that appealed to all of our senses. As adults, some of us (including me) might have the tendency to grow resistant to change and do whatever we can to avoid it at times.

Like many people,  I like that bit of variability and uncertainty that snap me out of going through my days on autopilot.  I knew I needed more change recently when I started feeling like the character Bill Murray played in the film Groundhog Day. 

Day 3....Write a very short happy note to someone

Why not add some change to your day and someone else's by leaving a small post it note for them to find in an unexpected place? Maybe you could tell them how much you appreciate some unique quality they have (amazing storyteller, funny, provocative, snappy dresser, creative, bizarre, extraordinary chef, etc.) or just draw a doodle of some kind. It might be just the little thing that adds a tiny sparkle to their day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg