Pages

Thursday, April 2, 2015

April Day Brighteners....#2 Mini Massage

"Mini Massage"

Months ago, I found myself in the fingerprint office of the local school system, getting the mandatory check required before working in the schools. The fingerprint guy filled out all the paperwork and then gently took my hands, proceeding to roll each of my fingers across the pad of the machine. The scanner rejected each of the attempts and he ended up having to roll each finger  8 to 10 times. 

It felt so good to have my fingers handled like that, I just decided to enjoy the whole process. In fact, if it had to go on for an hour or so, I'd be ok with that. Here I was, in this office, getting a hand massage. What a great way to start my Monday morning.

Weeks later, I got the results in the mail. 

"We're sorry to inform you that we were unable to process your application due to the quality of the prints. You will need to submit another set of prints."

Yes!!!

And back to the fingerprinting office I went to enjoy another round of fingerprinting relaxation.

"This doesn't happen often," the guy reassured me as he proceeded to go through the entire process again. The machine was still not approving many of the scans, so it took quite a while to complete. I decided to simply revel in and enjoy the sensations.

Touch has powerful effects on us. Research indicates it offers the several benefits including:

Lowering blood pressure and cortisol levels
Reducing stress
Contributing to a sensation of well-being

We snuggle babies close, give each other hugs on greeting and slap high five's in celebration. And how great is it to snuggle up with our pets? Everyone benefits.

Day 2: Give a mini massage

For today, give someone (human or animal) a one minute mini massage. Work your magic and add a little sparkle to their day. It may be just what they needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg