Pages

Friday, August 21, 2015

August 21 "U" Micro Art Mini Challenge

What Crawls Beneath
I don't know about you, but as a kid I loved to turn over rocks and see what was living underneath. I felt like Gulliver, reaching out and lifting up a boulder to reveal all the tiny beings living there. Whole worlds living in the moist darkness. They'd scuttle about, scattering in all directions, looking for the nearest place to hide. I was amazed at the variety of buggy things I found under there. Not wanting to disturb them too much, I replaced the rock and I would continue on my search for more insect colonies.

Today's Project:  "U"  What Crawls Underneath
  • Imagine you're a kid and you've just found a big rock. If you lifted it, what kinds of creepy crawlies would you see living there? How big would they be? 
  • Method #1: Use a pencil, make a sketch of an imaginary insect you'd find living under a rock. It could be a combination of several kinds of bugs.

  • Use paint to add color to the bug. When dry, add details with a pen
  • Method #2: I dropped some paint on my paper and tilted the paper until the initial blob shape got distorted.  When it was dry, I turned it all directions and tried to "see" an insect in the form. Then I added spikes, eyeballs, claws, etc.

  • On the back, jot the name of the bug you discovered.
                                                       
Bug Under a Rock Mugshot

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg