Pages

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

September 2015..Day 2 (Untitled #2) Painting Challenge

Untitled #2  Mixed Media
Day 2 of Leslie Saeta's 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge.
For this month's challenge, I'm playing with mixed media and focusing on abstracts. I believe she  has over 1000 participants so head over to her blog to see what others are painting this month.

Creating New Habits   Day 2

Sometimes looking at creating a new habit seems overwhelming due to a number of factors. For me, this has included things like:
  1. How do I make it doable?
  2. When do I do it?
  3. How do I stay on track?
  4. What if I forget or don't have time?
 I think about all of these as I look at what I'd like to change over the course of a new month. Today's focus is on Making It Doable. Some factors to consider might include: 

  • Posting the short list you made someplace you'll see it throughout the day. It will act as a gentle reminder that these things are IMPORTANT, meaningful and will fit into your day.

  • Break it down into doable chunks. The will be spread out over the course of a month, so start small 

  • Actually begin by taking Micro Steps. My resistance to exercise comes from a voice telling me I need to do other things first (often it is for other people) and that I'll get to it later. Even with the good intentions, it sometimes doesn't feel like the procrastination it really is.

  • Create a visual reminder that you did that step. I put an "e" on my calendar.
  • Each morning, look in the mirror and tell yourself you will take that one step. At the end of the day, you can look at yourself again, smile and say you did it.

  • What micro steps can you make today to move closer to your new habit?

4 comments:

  1. This reminds me of feather boas, which makes me think of a party or carnival. Pure fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does look sort of like carnival :) ..thank you

    ReplyDelete

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg