Pages

Thursday, September 10, 2015

September 2015..Day 10 (Moving to the Middle) Painting Challenge

Moving to the Middle

In our painting group yesterday, we talked about the palettes we use. On first using liquid watercolors, I had to put almost every color I owned on one piece of paper. After that, I added water, alcohol, salt and a few other materials to see how the paint would respond. As there was quite a bit of liquid on the paper, I set it aside in another room where it would be undisturbed by cat paws as it dried. With fans going, the papers would dry in a few hours. It's always a bit of a surprise when I go back to get the work out...the moving air caused the paint to shift, colors to mix and all kinds of effects would show up. My favorite part then is to go in with brushes and tools to move things around. I restrained myself today and only used 4 colors.

Check out some of the work the others in the challenge are making today at Leslie Saeta's Painting Challenge.

I've pinned some work from other artists in this challenge here.
                                                                                   
Detail

2 comments:

  1. I rally love the center of this, the blues and greens mixing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Sheila. Love what happens when those two get mixed together

    ReplyDelete

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg