Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2016

March 2016. Felted Creatures. Day 20. Flora

Flora
Looking forward to the arrival of the hummingbirds this spring. A few times last summer, I looked up at the window overlooking my front garden as I was drawing, and there would be a hummingbird, hovering in place, gazing in at me. A tiny bird, stopping by and looking in on my world. Little flecks of shimmering green, there for a few moments and then suddenly off. Sometimes, on returning from an errand, I'd see them flying around and then zooming out my giant sunflowers. Days like that made me want to forget about going back into the house.

Flora is made of needle felted Corriedale and Merino wool, with silk throwsters and a glass bowl.

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE everything about these felted creatures, Corinna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flora is spectacular! I second Laurie's comment—your felted creatures are wonderful. Your creativity dazzles me.

    I still have in my memorabilia stash the report I wrote in 5th grade, at the American School in the Hague, about hummingbirds. I've long had a soft spot in my heart for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Dotty and Laurie! Aren't hummingbirds amazing? Enchanting little birds....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hummingbirds are so intriguing. Do you know some of them weigh less than a quarter does? http://www.hummingbirdhangout.com/

    ReplyDelete

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg