Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2016

April 2016. Felts. Day 21...Pink Sea Star

Pink Sea Star
Have been thinking of starfish lately, so this one is a take off of something that is a starfish/flower hybrid, with a touch of silver tossed in. 
After having seen a short video on how to build a quick light box for shooting art work, I gathered the materials and assembled one this afternoon, in the hopes of getting better photos of the work. Still have quite a way to go, but I did get someone's ok on the fine quality of the finished box.
Cooper checks the dimensions of the light box
 My personal assistant hopped right in when I went off to gather my lighting and let me know he thought the box was A-ok. 

Pink Sea Star is made of wet felted wool with cotton, silver thread and vintage pin.

3 comments:

  1. This piece has an elegance befitting of Queen Elizabeth's 90th birthday on 4/21/16—send it along to her!

    I love the way you've captured starfish essence in your shapes and beadwork; fantastic!

    Eager to see what your light box looks like in the end and how it performs once in use. Taking photos of art sure can be tricky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Dotty.
    Can you see her with this pin on ?

    The light box is on my table in the photo (with Cooper inside). I ended up setting the box on a shelf with lights precariously placed all around (haha should've photo'd the ridiculous looking set up). Still needs tweaking. Will wait until brain fireworks hit and the ideas come in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOOUUUUUU!!!!!!! and AWWWWW, so cute. I am surprised those side panels survived. You must not have been gone very long. LOL. High five on making your own box!

    ReplyDelete

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg