Pages

Saturday, April 30, 2016

April 2016. Felts. Day 30. Tiny Trails

Tiny Trails
Today, I'm taking a cue from artist Dotty Seiter who makes large works and chops them into pieces, allowing each one to take its own direction. Love this idea...so, went to a bag of pieces I'd done previously and got busy with the scissors. This was originally a long strip of black alpaca wool onto which I wet felted an assortment of maroon, red and citrusy colored wool bits. I separated the band into differently shaped pieces and waited until something came to mind. With an assortment of embroidery cotton and beads available, I grabbed one piece and played with it to see what would happen. No visualized outcome, and without any sort of plan. Simply playing. I find this process to be the most fun and enjoyable and how it turns out is how it turns out. Having a good time with the journey. Thank you, Dotty!

Tiny Trails (2" x 3") is made of wet felted alpaca and assorted sheep wool, cotton, and a variety of beads.

4 comments:

  1. Corinna, I like the abstract nature of Tiny Trails; like its title also. The piece has a meditative, calming quality to me.

    Thanks for your link to my blog! What fun to see how you extrapolated an approach I take—I love seeing how it translated itself in felting language.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotta nab those great ideas whenever I can... and you sure have 'em!!

      Delete
  2. This looks very Downton to me. I can see it as a clip, on a fine hat. Maybe with some long elegant feathers for good measure. Regal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I like the idea of adding a feather! And, putting it on a hat!

      Delete

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg