Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

April 2016. Felts. Day 12. Big Orange Flower




A big flower brooch I made for the show we had this last week. I love the bright orange in the center of some of the daffodils I've seen in people's gardens the last couple of weeks. Started with the bright orange and tossed in some magenta silk bits and purple beads. Not a very realistic looking blossom, but bright and a bit of a preview of all the luscious colors on their way in the next few weeks as it warms up even more.

Big Orange Flower is made of wet felted wool with needle felted silk throwsters and purple glass beads.  Flower tutorial coming soon.

2 comments:

  1. A jaunty jonquil taking on its own colors! How big is the brooch? I can see its being JUST the right touch of pizzazz for someone's ensemble on some fine spring day. I love its asymmetries, too. Really hits the spot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very sweet, just makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg