Pages

Friday, April 22, 2016

April 2016. Felts. Day 22. Purpley Things

Purpley Things
Yesterday, I noticed our azaleas are coming into bloom. The house we're in is surrounded by azalea and rhodo bushes so when it gets to be late April, the place explodes with color. I combined the colors I saw in two bushes to do these little guys and added a little sparkle with glass beads in the center. Shot in my new cardboard/tissue paper/taped up light box. 

Purpley Things are made of wet and needle felted Merino wool with glass beads.

Artist Dotty Seiter has a most amazing way with words...I bet she can come up with a better name for these flowers than the name I picked. Hey Dotty, any ideas??? 

Check out Dotty's post today with the brain imaging. I'm now picturing fireworks-type images when I am doing creative work....

3 comments:

  1. Corinna, love the fluorescent fuchsia and plummy purple together in Purpley Things—very appealing color mix, and I love the lacy overlay of the purple. I can totally imagine the spectacular show right now with azaleas and rhodies on stage in your corner of the world.

    Fun that you used your new cardboard/tissue paper/taped up light box to shoot the photo for this post.

    Thanks for the sweet shout-out re my wordsmithing; I do love nuances of language and le mot juste.

    A name that pops into mind for your flowers is Mind Your Pinks and Purples.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the name!
    It is great seeing all the flowers coming out. The dogwoods look like they are covered in snow.
    More to learn with the light box...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dotty rocks! And so do you Corinna! These are SOOOOO gorgeous. I love the crackly, crevices. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg