Pages

Friday, April 1, 2016

April 2016. Felted Creatures. Day 1. Rabbit, Rabbit!!!!!

Rabbit, Rabbit!

Happy April Fool's Day. Time to say, "Rabbit, Rabbit," again, as it is the first day of the new month. I did a posting last year about a ritual I do (and many others, as they have told me) which involves saying the above phrase to bring good fortune in the new month. When I was a kid, my math teacher reminded us to say the special phrase before getting out of bed on the first day of each new month. The secret to good luck all month long, was to say it before allowing your feet to hit the floor. I've jumped out of bed a few times, realizing too late, that I had not said the magic words! Not to worry, she had told us. On day #2, we could save ourselves by saying, "Tibber, Tibber." Being 13 years old at the time, that was good enough for me. Especially if I had  a math test that week.

Here's to a great month filled with all kinds of great surprises, delightful events, fun opportunities and tons of good fortune in all forms.

Rabbit, Rabbit is mouse sized and made of needle felted wool. He is perched on an antique chalk painted box in front of a painting by artist Marie Louise Baingo.

Big monster crab I started yesterday is in the works. More tutorial pics coming later today.

4 comments:

  1. Rabbit, rabbit to you, too! The do-over I was taught was to say Tibbar, tibbar while walking backwards upstairs.

    Rabbit, Rabbit! above, and its staging, is captivating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knew about tibber, tibber, but not about backwards up the stairs! What fun for kids. Do your grandchildren do this? :) Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No idea if my granddaughters know about the rabbit-rabbit good luck tradition. I'll be seeing them in a couple of weeks (will wave in your direction as we pass through MD!) and I'll ask/teach.

      Delete

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg