Pages

Friday, April 29, 2016

April 2016. Felts. day 29. Red and white

Red and White
Experimenting again with process. There are a lot of tutorials out there that show how to make a flower all in one piece and still have the look of separate petals. Here, I made each petal individually with layers of cherry red and thin wisps of white for veining and color variation.  The whole piece is then assembled with needle felting and a few stitches added in to hold the tiny beads in place. A big piece, it measures about 7" (about 18 cm). Theme for the day...think big! 

Happy Friday and how many red things will you see today that surprise and delight you?

 

4 comments:

  1. The white for veining and contrast makes this piece—love how the white kind of "outlines" without literally outlining. I like your invitation to think BIG. I have some facets of my life where I could stand to break out of my smallness into, if not HUGE, at least bigger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Working big sounds fun! My thought is always, it I decide to, I can chop it up (mmmmm, who else does the chopper thing? :) and make it into minis.

      Delete
  2. Love the rough edges and uneven coloring. BEE-U-TEE-FUL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am liking the idea of uneven, asymmetrical...outside the box for me, but a good thing!

      Delete

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg