Pages

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

June 10 Tiny Smiles

"Baby Smiles"
Yesterday, I spent eight hours in my car on a road trip to visit relatives in another state. I felt a bit weary in the early afternoon, so stopped at a road side rest. One of my kids pulled up a very short animation we'd recently seen on youtube called, "I'll get the Ice Creams," a British BirdBox production. At about 60 seconds in length, it gave us quick access to instant laughter at the insanity and chaos created by little people in simple daily life situations. I felt my whole face break into a smile and then came the laughs (and tears). We howled and watched it two more times. Each time, laughing even harder. Instant energy and better (almost) than a cuppa coffee. That first smile was the gateway to waking up and feeling energized.

On arrival, we stopped at a store to pick up some dinner. Several shoppers had babies, either on their arms, in little carriers or in slings. I watched as parents interacted with their tots. Seeing babies smile and giggle got me smiling and wanting to see more. I continued walking around the store and watching tiny, gummy grins chuckle and laugh. Even at just a few months of age, these tiny humans are able to see humor and express it without reservation. Delightful.

The next time you are out and about, look around  and maybe you will be fortunate to catch a glimpse of a tiny one giving off a radiant smile. It may just make your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg