Pages

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

June 3 Gold in Sunshine

"Sunshine" 
Occasionally, when there is a dark, rainy day (like today), I hear my name (that is, my bed is calling to me) to come and take a big nap.  A really long one.  The lack of sunshine sometimes makes me feel sleepy and I figure I am not missing out on anything by snoozing the time away. Years ago, someone told me I was sleeping my life away, as if that were a bad thing to disappear into the bliss and drift off to dreamland.

When it's bright and sunny, my energy level seems to increase, not always, but usually. Maybe in part because things appear brighter, the birds are singing more and the sunlight lures me outside where I can feel that warmth which reminds me of being at the beach. 

On the way down my long driveway to see if the postal carrier has left me any goodies in my mail box, I stopped, closed my eyes and just enjoyed the warmth and the little breeze that accompanied it. A Piscean delight. The vitamin D I'm getting is (according to research) making my bones denser, lowering my blood pressure and lifting my spirits. All I know is I like it and it makes me feel good.

Grab a few minutes of sun, take a mini mind vacation and thank yourself for helping your body create more health.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg