Pages

Monday, June 29, 2015

June 29 How a Tiny Work Can Do Big Things

"A Tiny Work"
Can something very small make a big impact?

We all have something we'd like to accomplish whether it's writing a book, creating an art work, learning to play an instrument, preparing  for a marathon, or any one of a million other things. Some of these can seem like big goals, but dividing them up into micro steps creates a doable process that will eventually get us where we want to be.

Recently, a friend who paints stopped painting due to a series of challenging events that popped up and needed her attention. She found herself swamped with all the responsibility which took up so much time, she felt she needed to drop the painting. I could relate as I had set some of my creative projects aside in the past and found it tough to squeeze them back in. That made me feel frustrated, and sometimes resentful, that I would be missing out on something I loved doing.

The solution? I scaled down my creative work temporarily and did micro sized versions of whatever I was doing at the time. I discovered benefits in doing these miniature versions of my stuff:

Fun
I dabbled with my materials and looked at it as experimenting, playing and simply enjoying myself. 

   Think in a Different Way
I discovered I could work on a different scale and think my way past some of my self imposed limitations

Creative Challenge
Could I make a work in just a few minutes? Do I need to change the way I do things? How else can I do this?

Feeling of Accomplishment and keeping momentum on track
I was able to complete something, even if it was 4" square. It allowed me to stay connected to something meaningful I love to do.

For today, even if you are not pressed for time, consider doing a micro version of something you like to do. Imagine the possibilities......

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg