Pages

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

FEBRUARY 2016 Day 2 Orange you glad

Orange You Glad
What associations do you have with the color orange? I asked a few people the other day and they responded with things like: feeling happy, flowers, mandarin oranges, sunsets, jelly beans, sherbet, butterflies, and even construction cones.

To me, it's an uplifting, cheerful color. Today, look for anything orange and consider things you like that have orange in them.

Orange You Glad is made of wet and needle felted Merino, Corriedale, cotton, beads and shells.

2 comments:

  1. Your question re orange immediately evoked a memory of when I lived in the Netherlands for two years ages 10-12 and had tangerines for the first time. That cheery color and that wonderful fragrance of the essential oils when the peel was torn. The other thought that is evoked is a memory of when my daughter did a science fair project on aromatherapy, and the essential oils from oranges were a player.

    Love the stitching and knots and beads and lines and colors and textures in Orange You Glad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this makes my mouth water. Thinking of a big stick,YUM! And now that Dotty said that... Think I'll go grab a tangerine. I love how there is a second heart in this, love how the purple and the teal bleed, and I adore that shell. Yes I am glad... that you are enjoying your art!

    ReplyDelete

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg