Pages

Thursday, February 25, 2016

FEBRUARY 2016 Day 25 Inspired by a Dare

Inspired by a Dare
I really had fun with this piece. Orange is one of my favorite colors and during the big painting challenge I participated in for the month of January, I found the work of some painters whose irresistible color combinations practically made me swoon. How is it that color can have such a profound effect on us? Being exposed to particular colors can influence us in a number of ways. Restaurants and retail shops know this as they pay designers boatloads of money to help them select the very colors that entice us to eat more food and spend more money in their establishments. 

Inspired by a Dare is made of wet and needle felted Merino with cotton, gold thread and assorted beads. The combination of colors is borrowed from the glowing paintings of artist Laurie Mueller. See her work HERE .
Laurie Mueller's "Dare to be Different"
I found this painting of Laurie's on her blog as Day #24 of the Leslie Saeta's 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge. See her blog here.

3 comments:

  1. Love your use of colors here, and love that your swooning over Laurie's lush use of color was your inspiration! Also love the juxtaposition of tightly wrapped against wispy loose ends in this piece. The tightly wrapped centerpiece takes me right to science class worm dissection!—and makes me smile : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I am so humbled by this! Thank you, Corinna, for the nice words! I am always inspired by your creations, too, so it's mutual. And this piece is no exception. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, for me it is the pops of turquoise that just grab me. Perfect with the juicy oranges!I love the frayed edges too. I thought of a tender piece of shrimp, mmm in a glorious sauce with bits of vegetables. LOL Laurie is a favorite of mine as well. Her colors sing!

    ReplyDelete

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg