Pages

Sunday, February 28, 2016

FEBRUARY 2016 Day 28 Into the Blue

Into the Blue
This week, a friend recounted some events she'd recently experienced and her response to those was a feeling of sadness. As she spoke, the sadness seemed to lift and her mood changed. After parting to get on with our days' activities, I felt a touch of lingering sadness. It was almost as if a tiny cloud had wrapped itself around me.  I wasn't sure what was contributing to it, other than it had been some kind of energy transfer. I allowed myself to feel my way through it and put this little felt together. "This too shall pass," it seemed to whisper to me as I sewed on the beads. And it did. That small sadness lifted, dissipated, and I was back up to speed. The only way out is through and it was ok to temporarily be "into the blue."

Into the Blue is made of needle and wet felted Corriedale and Merino silk with assorted stones and beads.

Tomorrow is the last day of the month long Heart Felt project. I'll be putting up collages of all the pieces I've done over the last four weeks.
Thank you for stopping by, having a peek and for leaving  kind comments! 

3 comments:

  1. wow. Beautiful art, beautiful story. I love the transformative nature of this piece, and its sense of being with what is, feeling what is, tasting the sweetness of all of life. The 'crimpiness' of many of the strands is especially appealing to me—looks like hair that was braided while wet and then unbraided : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. The deep down darks, and the pops of bright, "light"... the many shades of sadness, sorrow, loneliness, disrepair.So glad you were able to quickly work through your residual melancholy. Such a kind heart, so much empathy for your friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being in the moment and in a state of allowing, seems to be, for me anyway, the best way to move through something.
    The crimpiness is from the silk in the merino...when wet felted, it changes and gets wavy....

    ReplyDelete

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg