Pages

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

FEBRUARY 2016 Day 17 Tiny Fruit

Tiny Fruit
Temps are going up this week...snow one day, rain the next and it's practically spring in the middle of February. I enjoy hunkering down during the cold months, but a few people I spoke with last week told me how much they miss the warmth, sun and gentle breezes. Two were missing picking strawberries. Today's heart is for the strawberry lovers. A little reminder of the luscious color and sweet taste of summertime. What foods remind you of summer?

Tiny Fruit (3"x 3.5") is made of needle felted Corriedale and beads.


2 comments:

  1. What catches my eye here is the way the beads nestle into little embracing indentations, like the seeds' nestling into their micro-craters on the surface of a strawberry.

    Way back in the day, I used to make myself a cucumber and mayo sandwich for my summer lunch each day with a side of coffee milk over ice. I'm bare-armed, bare-legged, barefoot, and sun-warmed just writing about those summer tastes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm Yes Cucumbers Dotty! Sitting on Grandma's porch, fresh cucumbers dipped in vinegar, everyone reaching for the bowl. And Watermelon with Dad and my brother.

    ReplyDelete

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg