Pages

Sunday, February 7, 2016

FEBRUARY 2016 Day 7 Sweet As


Sweet As
The other day, I stopped at a local supermarket on my way home. This one stands apart from the others as it has displays of antique furniture, a wooden floor, and gorgeous old fashioned styled displays of food and drinks. It's a bit like stepping back in time and reminds me of a dressed up version of general stores I've seen in old movies.

The candy display is spectacular...an island of large glass jars with little silver scoops for collecting. They must have had 25 jars of jelly beans alone. Quite a color collection and feast for the eyes that inspired today's little felted heart. The name comes from a saying (new to me at the time) I heard from New Zealanders when they saw something they liked. Sweet as......

Sweet As (4"x5") is made of wet and needle felted Corriedale with cotton, quartz, glass and seed beads.

2 comments:

  1. Love the 3Dness, the delicious colors and the playfulness. Cotton candy, fingers, fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, it does remind me of cotton candy, that you mention it! Summertime sticky fun. I can almost smell the melted sugar:)

    ReplyDelete

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg