Pages

Saturday, February 6, 2016

FEBRUARY 2016 Day 6 Spiraling


Spiraling
Occasionally when I sit down to work with my art materials, I find my mind jumping around from one topic to another, gaining momentum and not in a direction I'd like to go. To slow it down and get refocused in the present, I pull out paper and pen and begin drawing a series of spirals. Focusing on the feel of the pen as it glides across the paper, the sound it makes and the quality of lines that come from it feels very relaxing. Each spiral is slightly different and tiny ones soon fill the spaces between the larger ones. A minute or two of this and I am in that peaceful state where the door to creativity swings open.


What do you do to reclaim that inner quiet place?

Spiraling is made of wet and needle felted Merino, with cotton, seed and glass beads. It measures 3"x4" (7.6 - 10 cm).

3 comments:

  1. Corinna, what catches my eye with delight is the "wet-on-wet" blending of felt colors. And the spirals! And the blanket stitch on one side … but not the other.

    To reclaim that inner quiet place? Lie on my back, close my eyes, identify for myself 10 very specific things from the past 24 hours for which I am grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going for the asymmetrical look!
    The gratitude list seems like a good way to get there...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sometimes doodle as well. And usually I don't even realize I have started, but a few minute later, I look down and there it is. Love today's piece. The stitching all around, the blanket stitch on one side only and the way the colors melt together. Joyful!

    ReplyDelete

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg