Pages

Friday, February 19, 2016

FEBRUARY 2016 Day 19 High 5


High 5
I found this interesting brooch in a shop recently. It sparkled as I turned it around in my hand. The blingy quality was very appealing. Envisioning it in a wool piece, I bought it, along with a few other assorted items. The central grouping of stones forms a flower with 5 petals. The number 5 is often associated with luck and good fortune.

The High 5 is frequently the social gesture of choice when we are celebrating something or get hit with some great news or wonderful surprise. High 5s and hand turkeys.

Five was designer Coco Chanel's lucky number. 
"I always launch my collections on the 5th day of the 5th month so the number 5 seems to bring me luck- therefore, I will name it No 5," she said of her famous and wildly successful perfume, Chanel No 5.

I grew up being familiar with that scent as it was my mother's favorite. It brings to mind dressing up, special events, and celebrations.

High 5 (2.5"x 3") is made of needle felted Corriedale with added vintage brooch.

5 comments:

  1. Très élégant! Love the blue dots and the blue caught in the facets (in the photo, at least) of the blingy brooch.

    Ladybugs also considered good luck, and this heart has some ladybug to it : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it when we see Ladybugs. Good fortune on the way! Didn't realize this brooch was part Lady Bug :)

      Delete
  2. My mom wore Channel No 5 too. Can still visualize the bottle on her dresser next to her jewelry box. Also, can still recall being overwhelmed by it on several occasions while riding in the car to church with family. The combo of Channel No. and my dad's Old Spice from the front seats was toooo much !! o:) Nice hart creations Corinna !! Mark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think smell takes us back to other times quicker than anything else (at least, for me). The look of that bottle, very clean simple design. I can almost smell it now just thinking of how it looked. What a combo, Chanel with Old Spice! I'm picturing little you and your brother in a cloud of scent. Must have been quite the sensory experience for two little guys!

      Delete
  3. Love this, the brooch reminds me of my grandmother. I loved playing with her sparkly costume jewelry. 5 is my birthday, I am 5 feet tall, I wear a size 5 shoe, and I think my ring size is 5. I wore a size five in high school, but we all know that will never happen again! LOL.

    ReplyDelete

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg