Pages

Monday, February 8, 2016

FEBRUARY 2016 Day 8 Ginger Heart

Ginger Heart
I was talking to a painter recently and was asking her about the way she chose to work with color. She had a favorite palette she used often and avoided certain colors she disliked. I often find myself selecting the same set of colors and not really venturing out into using what I consider more "challenging" colors. For today's piece, I picked brown, a color I love in clothing, but one I rarely use in artwork. After completing this piece, it reminded me a bit of a gingerbread cookie.

Ginger Heart (3"x 4 1/2") is made of wet and needle felted Corriedale, with cotton, seed beads, glass and stone beads.

What colors do you find challenging to use in your art? Are there any colors you avoid using for any reason?

3 comments:

  1. I was going to say brown also for me, but I think maybe it is just a color I don't choose often. I go through moods it seems. Certain colors call me, and then new ones replace them. High five to you for taking on a challenge and conquering it so brilliantly! This is warm and delightful :) (I love gingerbread)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sheila. It's been fun leaning into colors I wouldn't normally go to. Same in paint. Never know what will come of it...that is part of the fun.

      Delete
  2. Love the toasty warmth, the slight heat of ginger—and the cinnamon red hots aka french knots!

    What do you use for your background colors when you photograph your felting?

    ReplyDelete

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg