Pages

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

July 15. Getting Back on Track

Off Track
On the first day of the month, I make a list of 3 or 4 things I'd like to complete by the end of that month. These have included items like writing up a clay course for kids, designing an adult coloring book, creating a line of greeting cards, and setting up a vege garden. Some of these were large and very time consuming so I broke them down into micro steps, making them easier to finish.

Sometimes I get off track for different reasons and feel frustrated at the delays, doubtful I'll get it all done. I've taken a few steps to get myself back on track:
  1. Realize I've gotten off track
  2. Let go of worries I won't get it done by the month's end. Know that getting derailed is temporary and I'll get going in the right direction again soon.
  3. Break the process down into micro steps that are doable, even when major distractions disrupt the momentum.
  4. Move through the micro steps. Appreciate the positive movement in the direction I want to go
What small steps can you make today to get things done?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg