Pages

Thursday, July 9, 2015

July 9. Freedom from Running Late

                                                                             
Are you finding yourself feeling short on time, needing to race everywhere and still getting there late? Do you show up after the meeting has started? Being late can easily become a habit. It did for me. One reason I found myself repeatedly being late was due to my  underestimating the travel time and on many occasions, I ended up feeling anxious, looking at the clock wondering if I'd make it. 

Here's what I did to reduce stress and begin releasing my habit of arriving late to events:
  • Making the decision to create a more peaceful way to get to places I needed to go
  • Preparing everything (myself and everything I'd need) ahead of time. Allowing more time than I anticipate I will need and going at a pace that suits
  • Adding some extra travel time by departing earlier. Arrange for arrival time to be 5 or 10 minutes ahead of schedule.
  • Feeling more relaxed knowing I will arrive on time.
  • Savoring that feeling of freedom from anxiety and panic that used to accompany arriving late. 
What things do you do which get you where you want to go in a timely way?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg