Pages

Friday, January 22, 2016

January 2016 Day 22 Painting Challenge

Spirals (in the rough)

My thoughts today were leaning more toward a summery palette while we're waiting for the big snowstorm to head our way, with 18-24" (45-60 cm) of snow. I like being able to stay in, even for days at a time! No where to go, everything is closed or unreachable due to all that beautiful white stuff. A time to stay put and enjoy the view.

This piece looks like it needs a bit more embellishment, so will do that shortly and add an updated photo.

Spirals piece is made of wet and needle felted Corriedale, Merino, silk and beads.

Go here to see Leslie Saeta's Painting Challenge blog and catch up with what everyone made today. So many wonderful things to see. 

Using random.org, the winner of the drawing for the piece I made on Day 16 (Tailspin) is Sheila Delgado. Please pm me with your contact details and I will put the piece in the mail (as soon as we dig out from under the big snow!)
Thank you to all who left kind remarks and comments on the blog this week! I appreciate your following my work in this challenge and I look forward to seeing what everyone is doing in the final week.

2 comments:

  1. Wooo Whoo! What a nice surprise! Thank you Corinna :o) here I am just reading along... and ta-da! What a blessing! I think this piece is perfect the way it is, but I am looking forward to seeing what you add and how you add it :) I love the mixing colors in the leaves and some of the petals. Very pretty :) Stay safe and warm... they keep showing us updates all the way over here. (so. cal.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't tweaked this one yet..sometimes good to step back for a few days and then have another look. Do you do that with your paintings?

    ReplyDelete

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg