Pages

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

January 2016 Day 26 Painting Challenge


Where it all Leads
Hard to believe it, but we are up to day 26 already! I did what I did yesterday...looked at my immediate surroundings, sipping coffee in silence, waiting for inspiration to sparkle and speak to me. 

Someone recently gave me a canvas print copy of a painting I've loved for a long time, Jean Dubuffet's The Cow with a Subtile Nose. When I first saw this image years ago, I nearly fell off my chair laughing. It was the most charming, delightful image I'd seen in a while. I loved everything about it...the cow's body shape, the colors, incredible texture, and THOSE EYES. I never would have expected to be so enchanted by a livestock painting. Pure magic. Now I have one to make me chuckle every day. I grabbed the color and texture elements and used them as a starting point for today's piece.
Jean Dubuffet's The Cow with the Subtile Nose



 Visit Leslie's blog HERE to see what everyone is painting today.

Work from the challenge I've pinned HERE.

6 comments:

  1. For some reason, I can not pin this. It only pulls the cow image. Hmm, will try again later. This made me hungry the minute I saw it. Looks warm and toasty, like a fresh baked...cinnamon roll or danish. Little bits of fruit and spice. Delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I thought Mercury Retrograde was over! Still having techno issues/challenges on this end. mmmm, food felt. Now there's an idea :)
    Thank you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Corinna, what a magnificent piece of art. I love where it all leads when you tap into presence and stillness to let creativity bubble up to the surface—and I don't mean editorial generic "you," I mean specific you, Corrinna.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dotty. It's been my experience that when there is no thought while making something, it just has a completely different energy and a life of its own. We, as makers, are bringing it into physical manifestation. :)

      Delete
  4. This is so fun! I love the story and how it all came together. When I first saw it on the blog site I thought warm, round and fuzzy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...from a cow to a fuzzy thing...Isn't it fun to let go and see where something takes us?

      Delete

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg