Pages

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

January 2016 Day 19 Painting Challenge

Joy in the Silence

I've been rereading Eckhart Tolle's A New Earth. Each time I read it, I discover new things I swear were not there the last time I read it. I like to ask myself questions, like "what do I need to know right now," or "what would help me in this situation?" Opening to a random page provides the answer that fits perfectly. 


 He talks extensively throughout the book on the idea of silence, how being without thought opens up new possibilities for different ways of viewing the world. I took a drive yesterday without playing music in the car. Driving in silence, without thinking about anything, gave me the chance to see my surroundings in a new way. 

This piece today is about enjoying the peace found in silence.

Joy in the Silence is made of wet and needle felted Corriedale, Merino, silk and glass beads.

See everyone's work HERE at Leslie Saeta's 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge. 

I am doing a giveaway of the piece I made on Day 16, called Tailspin which you can see HERE.
Leave a comment this week and I will enter your name in a drawing (I will use random.org to select winner). Last day to do this is Friday, January 22.

4 comments:

  1. Reading this a day late. But so funny to me... a cosmic connection. How could I have missed this, looking through the art on Leslie's blog? But yesterday I looked two or three times. Each time I went back, I found I had missed one here, one there. This is so juicy and invigorating, love it Corinna :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. People are adding things all through the day..I go back and have second looks, too.
    Thank you, Sheila.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Corinna, I am happy to have discovered you via Sheila's having mentioned you in her blog today. Your work is beautiful and captivating!

    I love the colors of Joy in the Silence. I just last week spent 6 hours in my car driving to and from Maine to visit my dad, and I began listening to Tolle's The Power of Now again for the first time in some years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Dotty!

    That seems like a perfect book for a long drive. Each time I look at his work, I see new things. I just realized that the colors I used in this piece look an awful lot like the cover of his New Earth book!

    Sheila's site is a great hub (for me) to learn about other peoples' work, new processes, ways to get work out there. Glad to know you now, too! Corinna

    ReplyDelete

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg