Pages

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

January 2016 Day 5 Painting Challenge

The Forgotten Fruit
Day 5 of Painting Challenge...my theme for the week is landscapes, but after doing this tree and setting it aside, I thought it looked better in a different orientation. When I paint abstracts with watercolors, I turn the paper in all directions as I work so there is no particular way it has to be. I keep painting on it until it seems to work in any direction. How many times have you done a painting and discovered it looked more interesting when cropped or rotated?  And so it is with this piece. 

The Forgotten Fruit is made of Corriedale, Merino, silk and beads.

See all the other artists' works here  on Leslie Saeta's Painting Blog. 


1 comment:

  1. This is cool. And that happens to me often. Sometimes just a simple crop changes things completely :)

    ReplyDelete

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg