Pages

Sunday, January 17, 2016

January 2016 Day 17 Painting Challenge

Almost There
Painting with wool allows me to work with tiny amounts of color and to use them in subtle ways. I can pull the roving apart, make what looks like spiderwebs of fiber, and arrange them in layers. I then use my needle to push the lines of color into the underlying wool, blending them to create different color combinations and texture. The background is wet felted, and I added the birds using needle felting. The white strands of silk in the Merino wool add a bit of a shimmer.

Almost There is made of Corriedale, Merino, silk and silk throwsters.

Visit Leslie Saeta's 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge HERE.

2 comments:

  1. Don't know how I messed this but now I am wondering what else I missed. LOl. Such a sweet design. I love the movement, and the colors are terrific :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't know how I messed this but now I am wondering what else I missed. LOl. Such a sweet design. I love the movement, and the colors are terrific :)

    ReplyDelete

 photo tw_1.jpg  photo fb_1.jpg  photo ins_1.jpg  photo bl_1.jpg  photo tum_1.jpg  photo gplus_1.jpg  photo pin.jpg  photo yt.jpg